What Is A CIO?
The job of an internal Chief Investment Officer (CIO) has been in existence for decades at the largest and most sophisticated endowments, foundations, pension plans and wealthy family offices. Multi-billion dollar entities have recognized that the CIO model represents the optimal structure to proactively manage their asset and fiduciary management responsibilities.
The key benefits include:
- Independence and Objectivity – Conflict free advocate with no affiliation with any other entity and no proprietary vehicles
- Risk Management – Top down global strategic approach
- Customization – Asset allocation solutions that match client objectives
- Governance – Full time proactive oversight of investment program
- Cost Effective – Low fee wholesale institutional pricing